Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Tabouleh- Arabic Salad


"I need burghul!!!!" Said my husband while we were in our weekend shopping. This was the first time I am hearing that word. I looked at him with a question on my face. Then came his second comment.. "Let us make Tabouleh today." What is it?, I asked. He told me that it is an Arabic salad that we find in most of Arabic restaurants. I really had no idea about it until he himself made it. He loves salads so much that he dare to enter kitchen to make it by himself. I usually take this as an advantage.. So making salads is always his part of job. Back to Taboule ,Yes, It was really tasty.
Tabouleh is a salad made of fresh vegetables, olive oil, spices and burghul. Tabouleh has to be one of the healthiest salads you can eat.

Ingredients:



  • 2 bunches of fresh parsley leaves chopped
  • 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
  • 2 medium onion, finely chopped
  • 6 medium tomatoes, diced
  • 1 tablespoon salt
  • 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
  • 1/2 cup bulghur, medium grade soaked in cold water until soft (about 2 hours)
  • 6 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • lettuce to line serving bowl (optional)

How to make Tabouleh:

     1.  Squeeze out excess water from bulghur using hands or paper towel. 
     2.  Combine all ingredients, except for salt, pepper, lemon juice, and olive oil. 
     3.  Line serving bowl with grape leaves or romaine lettuce, and add salad.
     4.  Sprinkle olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper on top.
     5.  Serve immediately or chill in refrigerator for 2 hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment